Vraag & antwoord 24 t/m 28 juli 2006.

Moderator: Team VoerNatuurlijk

Snuffelaar
Snuffelaar

Maria Thistle.

Berichtdoor Wil de hond » vr 21 jul, 2006 20:41

Dear Juliette,

It´s a great pleasure for me to be able to ask you the following:

My dog has a liverproblem and I am giving him Maria Thistle, powder in capsules.

I read that there also is a homeopathic medicin called Carduum Marianum which supposedly can substitute the powder I am giving now.

My doubt is that I have always understood that homeopathic preparates do the opposite as the original substance. Which makes me think that if Maria Thistle powder helps cure the liver, the homeopathic form should do the opposite.

Am I mistaken?

What is in your opinion the best form/preparation in which Maria Thistle should be given?

Hopefully my question is clear.

Thank you very much for your atention.

Greetings,

Willy.

*Special Guest*
*Special Guest*

Berichtdoor 3dogs » vr 21 jul, 2006 22:26

before I pass this question on, I assume you mean milk thistle (Carduus marianus)?

Snuffelaar
Snuffelaar

Berichtdoor Wil de hond » za 22 jul, 2006 07:28

Yes, it´s Milk Thistle I am asking about. :wink:

*Special Guest*
*Special Guest*

Re: Maria Thistle.

Berichtdoor 3dogs » wo 26 jul, 2006 12:01

Wil de hond schreef:My doubt is that I have always understood that homeopathic preparates do the opposite as the original substance. Which makes me think that if Maria Thistle powder helps cure the liver, the homeopathic form should do the opposite.

Am I mistaken?

Swanie: yes you are somewhat mistaken. homeopathic remedies will cause certain symptoms or conditions when taken by a perfectly healthy person (this is called a proving). These same symptoms are the ones that this remedy will then cure when taken by a person with these symptoms. Meaning "like heals like", law of similars.

In herbalism there is a similar principle; the law of signatures. This says i. e. that a plant which grows in a dry hot place is best suited for treating dry hot conditions as this plant has best adapted to dry hot conditions. The same can be true for appearances; i.e. euphrasia (eyebright) whose flower resembles a tearing (crying) eye.

As far as milk thistle goes - the homeopathic form will cause "liver" symptoms in a HEALTHY person but cure these same symptoms in a person exhibiting these symptoms. So, you see it is a liver remedy, as is the herb itself.

Wil de hond schreef:What is in your opinion the best form/preparation in which Maria Thistle should be given?

Hello Willy,

milk thistle should be used powdered as capsule or tablet - the seeds are most effective. Other good herbs for liver support are dandelion and nettles; cleavers would be a good support for the entire body. A natural diet is of utmost importance, this goes without saying.

I do not like using homeopathics, and heve never found them superior to healthy, organic herbs.

regards,
Juliette

©Juliette de Baïracli Levy

Juliette expressly asked that her answers NOT be published anywhere else.
Any answers given by me (they are marked with my name) may be used elsewhere as long as the entire question and answer are quoted and my name and URL (www.swanie.de) are published directly with it.

Snuffelaar
Snuffelaar

Re: Maria Thistle.

Berichtdoor Wil de hond » wo 26 jul, 2006 12:53

3dogs schreef:
Wil de hond schreef:My doubt is that I have always understood that homeopathic preparates do the opposite as the original substance. Which makes me think that if Maria Thistle powder helps cure the liver, the homeopathic form should do the opposite.

Am I mistaken?

Swanie: yes you are somewhat mistaken. homeopathic remedies will cause certain symptoms or conditions when taken by a perfectly healthy person (this is called a proving). These same symptoms are the ones that this remedy will then cure when taken by a person with these symptoms. Meaning "like heals like", law of similars.

In herbalism there is a similar principle; the law of signatures. This says i. e. that a plant which grows in a dry hot place is best suited for treating dry hot conditions as this plant has best adapted to dry hot conditions. The same can be true for appearances; i.e. euphrasia (eyebright) whose flower resembles a tearing (crying) eye.

As far as milk thistle goes - the homeopathic form will cause "liver" symptoms in a HEALTHY person but cure these same symptoms in a person exhibiting these symptoms. So, you see it is a liver remedy, as is the herb itself.

Thank you for your clear answer.

Juliette schreef:
Wil de hond schreef:What is in your opinion the best form/preparation in which Maria Thistle should be given?

Hello Willy,

milk thistle should be used powdered as capsule or tablet - the seeds are most effective. Other good herbs for liver support are dandelion and nettles; cleavers would be a good support for the entire body. A natural diet is of utmost importance, this goes without saying.

I do not like using homeopathics, and heve never found them superior to healthy, organic herbs.

regards,
Juliette

Dear Juliette,

Thank you very much for your answers.

Could you give me recomendations on how to prepare and use Dandelion, Nettles and Cleaver in combination with Maria Thistle?

Is there a difference in which herbs and in which combinations they are used depending on each individual case or ...?

And last but not least, is there a specific natural liver diet you know of and thus can recommend?

Greetings,

Willy.

Keer terug naar Gastschrijver Juliette de Baïracli Levy (2006) (In Memoriam)