Vraag & antwoord mei 2010 en juli 2011.

Moderator: Team VoerNatuurlijk

*Krêftiche Swarte Heupe*
*Krêftiche Swarte Heupe*
Aantal honden: 2

[ANSWERED] Vaccinating

Berichtdoor CJ » zo 02 mei, 2010 19:58

Dear Lyn,

I have a question about vaccinating. Do you consider it necessary to vaccinate dogs every three years against Canine Distemper (CDV), Parvo, Hepatitis Contagiosia Canis (CAV-1) and Leptospirose? There have been researches which tell us that a dog who is vaccinated till one year old, has enough immunity for the rest of his life.

Thanks in advance,
Frank
Afbeelding
Afbeelding CJ ♂ 08-06-2006 (Carringthon Junior)Afbeelding
Afbeelding Kyra ♀ 13-01-2004 (herplaatser)Afbeelding

Snuffelaar
Snuffelaar

Re: Vaccinating

Berichtdoor Dr. Lyn Thomson » wo 05 mei, 2010 09:22

Hi Frank

Every vaccine and every dog is different.
In my practice I try to minimise vaccines, depending on the dog's lifestyle, exposure to risk factors and health history.
There are many reasons not to vaccinate.
We are generally using modified live viral vaccines which can be good for the life of the dog.
However, killed bacterin vaccines like lepto provide limited cover for short periods of time.
Also every client has a different philosophy with respect to vaccination.
I deal with a client base who often do not vaccinate themselves or their children. I feel that informed consent is the key.

Hope that helps
Lyn

*Krêftiche Swarte Heupe*
*Krêftiche Swarte Heupe*
Aantal honden: 2

Re: [ANSWERED] Vaccinating

Berichtdoor CJ » wo 05 mei, 2010 20:01

Dear Lyn,

Many thanks for your answer!

In my point of view you should, just like you say, carefully look to a dogs vitality, his environment and any possible risk-factors.
A while ago we did a vaccin-check by our dogs: Leptospirose was still in their blood but only in a very small amount, so not the recommended standard.

Our dogs swim a lot and there is a risk for Leptospirose. We don’t vaccinate our dogs at all because of the (possible) impact this vaccintations can have on their immunsystem. Are there any natural altenatives instead of the Leptopirose-vaccination?

Thanks again!!!

With kind regards,
Frank
Afbeelding
Afbeelding CJ ♂ 08-06-2006 (Carringthon Junior)Afbeelding
Afbeelding Kyra ♀ 13-01-2004 (herplaatser)Afbeelding

Snuffelaar
Snuffelaar

Re: [ANSWERED] Vaccinating

Berichtdoor Dr. Lyn Thomson » vr 07 mei, 2010 07:39

If you have a look at the following site http://www.hampl.com.au they offer a range of homeopathic protection. I use these products in my practice.
Currently in my own practice I do not use the homeopathic nosodes unless requested specifically by a client - I don't offer them routinely as an alternative because there is a whole philosophy behind homeopathic nosode protection and many people would like to view them as an alternative to vaccinating. I have heard of practitioners using them annually in place of the conventional homeopathics and this is not how they were designed to be used. They are useful at times of specific challenge and again this is an individual issue.

Hope that helps
Lyn

Keer terug naar Gastschrijver Lyn Thomson (2010 - 2011)